Friday, August 29, 2008

Travel Approval

We have Travel Approval! Yay!

It came today! This means we've been officially invited to come get our daughter. Our agency has requested our U.S. Consulate appointment for mid-September. Our consulate appointment date will determine our final travel dates as the agency works backwards from that date to determine our itinerary. Once we finish with the U.S. Consulate, we can fly home. I read on one of my Yahoo group boards that a mid-September date is hard to come by, so I'm prepared to go anytime from mid-September to early October. I believe now when everyone says their dates come up fast, they're not kidding! I'm guessing since we don't have a confirmed appointment yet, our travel dates will be closer to the end of September.
We should have a better estimate of travel dates within a week or so. Final dates will be when we can get plane tickets to and from China. We'll definitely need the help of the travel agency this time.

We got a call yesterday from our agency to have us answer a few questions about travel and where we were in the paperwork stages and what still needed to be done. Need to get out copies of our visas.
I quizzed them about our TA, but they don't always get advanced notice as to when it'll arrive, obviously. I'm hoping that since we're in a travel group by ourselves that maybe we can sneak in/sneak out real quick? Maybe? Not sure how that works, but I do hope in any case we'll be able to go with a group and not be by ourselves the whole trip. That would be really lonely. I don't need any more lonely right now :(

Hang on, Kristen! We're coming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so exciting

Special K said...

Congratulations on your TA. You'll be in China before you know it.

rubyiscoming said...

HURRAH - congrats! And thanks for the pediatrician referrals - BIG HELP!