Friday, August 08, 2008

Matches Are On Their Way!

FINALLY!
Our agency updated their website late yesterday afternoon that matches have been mailed. I'm fairly confident we'll get our match this month. Our agency only has LID's for the 27th (which is our LID), so I'm reasonably certain we're in. They specifically said matches were on the way to them. I suppose they could've just gotten expedited referrals, but I'm guessing not.
I'm so anxious and scared, though! Happy, absolutely, but also unsure. There's lots of "what-if's" out there that are too frightening. I guess welcoming any child into the family is a leap of faith and of hope, so I'm trying not to let the darker thoughts get to me. Thank goodness we have the distraction of house-hunting this weekend to keep us busy! Hopefully we'll have referral in hand by Wednesday? Assuming the Olympics haven't slowed down mail in China.

I gave up on trying to talk to the International Adoption Clinic directly about reviewing our referral information, so I broke down and left a message today, and she actually called me back- today! And gave me some great information! And left a direct number! And email! Gotta love these people from Colorado, they are so nice!
This would've never happen in So. Cal. I would have had to leave a bunch of messages and then resorted to calling every 1/2 hour until I got a live one. But then I would've gotten a surly comeback that I needed to call someone else [someone who cared?], or called another department [that's not my job], or been told they're booked for the next eternity [um, come back when she's 5...bleeding profusly....?]

So, all this and DS is starting school on Tuesday. It's going to be a doozy of a week!

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Next week brings us pictures of our daughters! Excitement and happiness!
All bets off... I don't care what day or time; just hoping for lots of sleep before the real wait begins.

Alyson LID 01/27/06