
NOTHING! ZIP! NADA! RIEN!
NO NEWS!
I'd even settle for "packages are in the air", or matching has been completed. Anything. I broke down and called our agency today for a status report. I can only refresh the agency website so many times each day before I lose it. Called at 4:27. All I got was voice mail. They are supposed to be open until 4:30. Damn! Sqeaked out of there a few minutes early. Probably all those pesky phone calls about "when" from anxious PAP's. Sigh. Hopefully they'll update the site tomorrow A.M., or I'm going to call again.
So far today, I'm on my third Diet Pepsi, one round of junk-food lunch (jr. cheeseburger & small fries), a rice krispy snack, and a chocolate covered granola bar & a small bag of chips. That's a lot of junk-food, even for me. Dishwasher still needs to be unloaded (a process I can't stand to do - seriously - I'd rather clean a toilet), there are dishes all over the sink, and I can't can't can't for the life of me - get the burnt-on oatmeal off my new crock-pot. The recipe said "overnight", but I think not! I've tried vicious scrubbing, soaking for 2 days, soaking for another in pure vinegar, pouring almost boiling water in, now and I'm desperately trying to chip away the black gunk with a knife. This works OK, except the knife only gets small scrapes of it off. I'm thinking this pot may be a lost cause. Poosibly worth my sanity to suck it up and buy another pot. I don't think I paid more than $30 for it.
I should also be thinking about making dinner. Without the crock-pot. There was this macaroni and cheese recipe I was going to try...
I've been trying to get ahold of the International Adoption Clinic as well to see if they can peruse our referral paperwork, but so far, the main person who schedules was on vacation, then I got someone else's voice mail who was taking appointments. Takes about 5 different people to connect me to the clinic when I do call, so it's quite the process so far. I'm thinking I may just call the doctor's office directly, if I can weasel a current phone number out of someone.
"Adoption school " is going well. We had an intense weekend, with a class on "Attachment" on Friday night, and then "Grief and Loss" on Saturday morning. The attachment class was good. I feel much better now that I know a bit what I might expect and what I can do to help my daughter. The grief class was hard. It was hard to hear the pain in some adoptee's lives due to their circumstances. We also had an excercise to do that made us look at our own grief and the losses in our lives. We were supposed to fill in our personal specifics, and then discuss them with our spouse. This is supposed to let you know where you stand with your own grief issues since it's easier to parent a grieving child if you've overcome your own grief and loss. Man - I started reading the questions and started tearing up. I pretty much sniffled my way through the rest of the class. There was no way in hell I could write that stuff down again. DH didn't write down anything either. We've just been through too much. Maybe that means I haven't fully grieved my losses, but it is what it is. The instructor said she used to have everyone do this as a group excercise. Yikes! Definitely couldn't handle that one. I like to look for the positive, and look for hope in any situation, and adoption means hope to me. Hope not only, selfishly for myself, but hope for my daughter and hope for my family.
Other good news I've been waiting for was news on the school DS is going to attend. They finally called me this morning to tell me he was one of 4 kids chosen for this year. Yay! I feel slightly guilty that we're moving out of area in 4 months, but only slightly. DS deserves a good school. We celebrated by going to register him officially. He was bummed he didn't get to ride the bus, but I'll probably let him once we move and are going to our neighborhood school. DS is in a "second choice" enrollment, meaning he's out his assigned area for schools, so they aren't allowed to ride the bus. Parents need to arrange for transport. Fine by me - this school is actually closer than the assigned school! I panicked last week and went in on registration day to see if there was anything I needed to do, but she said they'd call me if there was space available. I had a bunch of alternatives lined up and planned on calling them today if he wasn't in.
Of course, remind me when I have to get up at some ungodly hour to take him to school that I chose this school. It starts very early - 7:30. Some schools in the district start as late at 9:00am. Probably better for parents work schedule. Early is better for the boy since he's more of a morning person.
DH found a nice, do-it-yourself-dog wash for the P's on Sunday. The boys are nice and clean now. Cheesy still needs his nails clipped, but I need to find someone that isn't afraid of clipping them. I saw some info-mercial product on T.V. that lets you file down dog nails. Have I stooped so low as to consider buying from the T.V. ? I think I'll check out Petco or PetSmart first. I'm sure they have something overpriced I can buy.
For the baby room, I've pretty much given up on finding bathing suits, but I am looking for a safer lamp for the room. The floor lamp is too much of a hazard, so I thought I'd buy a table lamp. One of those fancy chandelier-types with drippy crystals and maybe a white, wrought iron base. Kinda nice and girlie. Home goods used to have them (before we moved), and I did't buy one because I didn't want to move it. I'm sure Amazon or Ebay will have a cute selection. DS is so cute! He's trying to help as much as possible with setting up the baby gear. This morning he was showing me how to recline the stroller seat, and take it down properly.
Picture is of DS: sitting in the baby glider. He's trying not to smile.
3 comments:
Wishing you news soon...
Here it is, Wednesday morning and I am expecting some news? None so far!!
Alyson LID 01/27/06
You can't find a bathing suit for the baby? They are still out here - at BRU, Target and Baby Gap. Want me to send you one?
Hope you get the call this week!! I'm checking the RQ every morning, hoping for some good news!
Jennifer
Post a Comment