It's been awhile since I've posted, but there's really not been too much going on besides the boring, tedious business of clearing house clutter, packing and working on the backyard. DH did an amazing job of clearing out a ton of weeds. The planter beds have been re-laid, and I've taken out the worlds most overgrown plants. Bad note, though, the pine tree that's on association property behind us appears to have some soil erosion around it's base, and if the tree comes down, it's coming down on our house. So, I need to take some pictures and write a letter to the association to have someone assess the situation. I love the pine tree and hope it doesn't have to go! Love my house even more - intact, so let's hope for the best.
I have had an avalanche of people over to quote interior paint, tile, home staging, and am waiting for the baseboards guy to call me back. Geesh! I am slowly getting getting over my fear of calling people for quotes. I don't know why this is a fear for me, but I've always had my DH do it.
Good news on the home study front - I talked to my agency yesterday, and they said we didn't need a home study update due to hubby's company sale, but we could wait until we moved to Denver, assuming that will happen before referral/travel. She said the job change would just be an HS addendum, anyway. She casually mentioned we might get our referral around April/May. Let's hope so! I know I joke about selling the house and getting our referral in the same month, but I truly hope that's not the case!
We had a really nice Thanksgiving. We drove to Vegas to spend a few days with our SIL and family. It was really nice to see everyone, and DS had a blast playing with his cousins. They recently got a pet snake named Spencer. He's really cute! I NEVER thought I'd say that about a snake, but he is! He's got a turned up nose, and has a nice bunch of brown spots with a brown underbelly. He eats a dead mouse once a week, defrosted first! Lucky us, we got to witness Spencer eating a mouse. I didn't watch, but DS did. DS finally got up the courage to hold the snake, and he's just a curious creature. He'll slither up into your hair, or into your shirt, if you let him. I'm still not a reptile fan, but he seems to be a great pet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh it does sound like you have been busy..Yeah for the homestudy
Post a Comment