As if I don't need something else to worry about, there are now reports surfacing that people who have requested and been approved for infants (under 2), are getting referrals for children years older.
I have a friend-of-a-co-worker who just received her referral and they were referred a 5 1/2 year old! (They were in the NSN program).
I don't know what age range they asked for, but their blog says they have a crib and a bed. I think they were expecting maybe a toddler at eldest? They set up the bed, but have the crib, just in case.
From the looks of the parents, they don't appear to be older than maybe mid to late 40's? They were quite shocked at the age of the little girl, but seemed happy to have her. I asked my friend to see if more details can be discreetly gotten about their situation. Maybe they are older than they look?
Honestly - I would be really shocked and somewhat disappointed if we were referred a child that's many years older than expected & approved for. I'm expecting 2 or under, but would prefer in the 6-12 month range. If we were referred a 3 year old, I would have to do some serious scrambling and research about IA issues with an "older" child. I think it'd take some time to get used to the idea. My DH was of the opinion that it'd be cool to have a child closer in age to our son.
Remind me to breathe again soon. Too much to worry about, decisions to make, bills to pay, and work to do. Oh, and the holidays are coming up! Trying to maintain a Zen-like approach but it's not working yet. I know these days will pass and I won't remember what I was stressing about, but it's hard in the moment. Breathe, Kim, breathe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment