The sad news is, as I'm sure many many AP's are hearing about, is the couple that are in China now adopting their little girl. The girl's father passed away a few days ago, and now the mom is trying to get her U.S. documents ammended or re-done now that she's a widow. I guess she's stranded there indefinitely until the U.S. can get it's act together and issue a visa & get an ammended I-171H. I hope her elected representatives can intercede on her behalf.
Fortunately the little girl has been legally adopted as far as China is concerned. I can't imagine what the mom is going through right now. In a foreign country with a new child and losing her husband at the same time and having to deal with immigration. My heart breaks for her and the family.
The good news is that I'm going to be an aunt again!
My brother and his wife are expecting. I did have to clarify that it was human baby and not a furry, feline one (as they do have cats). I'm so so excited for them! I hope they have a girl so our kids can play together. My brother does have a little spitfire boy that I'm sure isn't going to be thrilled to have some parental competition! He's 3, so he's old enough to know enough, and probably isn't going to like it. If it's anything like my brother and I when we were little, the youngest is going to get a good pounding!
I've finally stopped buying baby clothes, for real this time! (honey if you're reading). It's been over 15 days since I've bought an outfit. One day at a time one day at a time...
Ok, true confession time... when I'm feeling particularly sad about how long the adoption is taking, I pull out the baby clothes & organize - create little outfits, arrange by size and season, create spreadsheets detailing type of clothing and size. How sad is that?
Still packing crap to move. Running out of space to put everything, and really don't want to rent a storage shed. Who knew we have so much junk?! I did manage to go through the dreaded garage the other day and weed out DS's toys. He wasn't around to complain about what was being donated, so that made my job considerably easier.
Hubby is doing the hard work of demo'ing the backyard. It looks a hundred times better, even after one day of work.
We have another home staging company coming over on Friday to take a look around at what can be done to our poor little house.
Emailed our adoption agency about hubby's company getting bought. They haven't emailed me back about needing a home study update, so I may need to call them. Not sure if I sent the email to the correct address.
DH is going to Denver soon. I have started an itinerary for him to scout out some good, family-friendly neighborhoods.
Getting closer to Denver!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
15 days is awesome and congrats on the niece or nephew
Post a Comment