As if I don't have enough to focus on right now, I've been scouting out stationary items that we'll need in the near future. Change of address cards, adoption announcements, etc. I found a cool card company I may use for adoption announcements. It's called MyKindaCard.com It's owned by a stay-at-home-mom. The designs are really cute and you can customize your cards. She offers something called a "Mommy Card" as well. It's like a business card with your information on it when you need to exchange info with other moms. Very cool idea. I hate trying to scrounge around for a pen and scrap of paper to write down a phone number or address. Invariably I lose it.
My other favorite site is Up With Paper. I love pop-up and other unique cards. These are just a joy to look at. You can even join a card-of-the-month collectors club.
I was a tad worried that DS would be bored with his 2-week spring vacation, but we've been very busy. Today we had lots of Easter-egg dyeing and a birthday party to attend. I think we've sufficiently worn the boy out. One week down, one to go! The boy is holding out to see 'Horton Hears a Who' in the theater, so we'll take a special trip this week. I've been trying to visit with some of my friends who I haven't seen in a long time. Everyone is bummed that I'm leaving, but one of my best friends, Susan, is great at flying out to see friends that have moved away. I know I'll see her probably about the same as I see her now. It's funny - we talk on the phone at least 4-5 times a week, but can't always meet even though we only live about 45 minutes away from each other. Otherwise I've been trying to coordinate our house-selling stuff, the home inspection is Tuesday, yikes! I don't think they'll find anything, but you never know. Still makes me nervous. I'm trying to contact our real estate agent in Colorado and set up appointments for moving quotes. Still need an exact date escrow closes so we know which day we are moving. Could be one of two days in May.
This last week or so, I've had a splitting headache/neck ache that comes and goes along with a cold. Maybe this was the wrong week to try and cut out Diet Pepsi! I've been making iced tea which is nice, but I miss the carbonation of soda. I found I really like a carbonated drink I found at Target, called Enviga, berry flavor. But they've been out of it the last few weeks. I've had to settle for really cheap cereal. I bought a big box of Capt N Crunch (a family fave on Saturdays "bad cereal" day!) - it was only $2.99! In the regular grocery store it's normally closer to $5.00. Target good...
DH is trying to wrangle a short trip to Denver to rent a house. Flights are so cheap right now! Southwest is offering as low as $79 fare. Can't beat that. DS has his baseball games on Saturdays, so I don't think we'll go. I trust hubby to rent something decent if he goes along. Plus, he can always take pictures for me before signing anything. For renting, I don't think I'm going to be too picky about where we live.
Not too much on the adoption front. I've decided to stop stockpiling more of the travel stuff we'll need for China. Now that I know we're going to be in Denver well before travel, I might as well wait and buy it there. Of course I made sure that Denver has Babies R Us stores, and, of course they have my favorite, Target. Now if we could just get Trader Joe's to Colorado, I'd be thrilled! I did break down and buy some large packing cubes from Ebags now. Only because they were on sale and I got a fantastic return for DS's 'Upromise' savings account.
No real rumors right now, it's kinda the usual dead-zone before rumors start trickling in. I never thought about it before now since we haven't been close to referral time, but people who are going to be in the next batch, or have that possibility must hear something from their agencies. If nothing else, maybe to collect a fee that's due at match. I assume we'll hear something within 2 months of match. Our agency hasn't said either way, but I believe we owe something at match. Reminds me to call our home study agency. We've already paid for a post-placement visit, so I need to get that money refunded. Oh goody, more emails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you guys are way busy right now and with so much to do. I'm sure the home inspection will go fine...
peace
fm
Post a Comment