Monday, March 03, 2008

Busy Weekend & 1st Referrals In














We had a busy weekend. DS had his first T-ball/baseball game on Saturday, right after team pictures. He looks so cute in his uniform! He was more confident than I expected, which is great. The kids all got to bat at least twice, and they rotate positions. I posted a few pictures here. It was even fun to watch, and I don't normally like watching baseball.

We had a busy house-showing weekend as well. We had a showing on Saturday along with a no-show person. This time we tried a new restaurant called Sammy's Woodfired Pizza. Yummy. I tried a few of the tapas, which are normally small plates. The coconut shrimp with a sweet orange sauce was really good. I also had the hummus with kobe beef. It was an interesting combination, but good. Turns out these were more normal appetizer-sized, but I was so hungry, I ate most of both anyway. DH helped with the hummus, and the boy helped with the shrimp. The weather was beautiful - somewhat cool & sunny. My favorite combination! An expensive meal, but worth it.
Afterwards I treated myself to a trip to the scrapbook store. I haven't been near one in months, so I thought I'd see what's new. Bought a few small things. I'll be making a bunch of cards soon, so I think I can spare some space for a few more pieces of paper for the stash.

I did take Louie to the vet on Saturday as well. Poor dog has some spinal issues that don't necessarily bode well. The vet is going to have a radiologist look over the x-rays on Wednesday, but he's got 3 different places that look bad. On his neck he has some bulging, a growth in the middle, and possibly a few bulging disks around the base of the spine. I don't know if the 2 issues at the neck/base of spine will resolve themselves, but I hope they don't get worse. Louie is only 8. To help him out right now, he's on prednisone, robaxin, and, of course he has another ear infection, poor guy. One surprise, the vet said he's a bit too skinny. So he can have more food! Just what the guy would like. Pugs are quite fond of food. More eggs and carrots!
So, yeah, it was $383 for everything, including blood tests, x-rays. He seems to be feeling OK.
The office called me this morning to check on him. If the radiologist sees something different or worse in his x-rays, they'll call me. Poor Louie. He's such a sweet dog. He doesn't deserve any of this.
Then on Sunday we had an open house. I was hoping we've have a few people in, and we did. About 5 people, including one lookie-loo who just bought a foreclosure down the street. We got all positive comments about the house. One couple really liked the house, but the husband was concerned about possible road noise from the street behind us. It actually isn't bad. It's not a main artery, just a through to the neighborhood behind us. With the double-paned windows, we don't usually hear any noise. Another good piece of news, the house that's like ours, but not as nice and cheaper has a sale pending, so that's nice to know it's off the market. That was our biggest competition. It'll be OK for someone that's willing to do some work on it and replace all the appliances.

On the adoption front, it's looking like January 4th is the cut-off date. We don't know for sure yet, but I'd be surprised if it's later than that. Our agency only has the calendar posted for the rest of December '05. Still a big big relief to be into January!! 23 days left!!!
I'm working on the care package for Kristen so we can send her and the orphanage people some stuff. So far, I've got another stuffed toy to send and a plastic photo album for our pictures. I think I'll include some family pictures of her brother, me & DH, and the grandparents. Still sorting out a bunch of pictures in Picasa. With the billions of photos we take each year, I'm sure I can find some good ones. Except possibly of me. I always seem to be scowling. Maybe that goes along with the fact I'm usually saying "Don't take my picture!". I hate how fat I've become, so I don't like to be reminded of that fact. I guess I just need to own my weight and get over it, but it's hard. I do remember what it was like being a size 5, and I miss it. I can't seem to work my way back there, though.

Anyway, that's it for now.

No comments: