The shopping gods have smiled upon me. Or maybe they're mocking me - The upscale outlet center by me just opened a Gymboree Outlet store... Sob! I was upset last week when The Right Start store closed, but low and behold, the Gymboree store took it's place!
What? I promised to stop buying baby clothes? When...? I don't have a lot of 18 -24 months sizes yet... I've been good and haven't bought shoes yet! Come to think of it, I don't have a lot of jammies yet... Our referral can't come soon enough.
I'm afraid of what I'll do to my credit card when I know my child's approximate size.
In my own defense, I found it handy to have about 2 weeks worth of clothes on hand when my son was a baby/toddler. We went through at least 2 outfits a day plus jammies. I'm not a fan of constantly trying to keep up with laundry, so we all have a ton of clothes to keep laundry to a minimum each week.
I'm still gathering travel supplies for the China trip. I've perused everyone's packing list and read all the travel tips I can find. RQ has some good ideas on what to bring from those who have BTDT. I think the best tip so far has been to bring Kleenex along (or buy it there) instead of travel TP. Those little rolls cost a bunch! I have some Rite Aid drugstore brand from previous traveling that is thicker than most Kleenex, so I'll just buy another big bundle of that.
I'm obsessed with finding just the right packing cubes. I figure I can use a different color for each person so we'll have some semblance of order. So far I have a set of 3 cubes that are purple striped. DH actually LIKES his Eagle Creek packing envelope that I got him for Christmas, so I went and bought one for myself. I got the giant one at Nordstrom Rack on sale for only around $15. Ebags has some nice colors, and the prices seem good. I'll probably go with those, but in my usual anal fashion, I must research and find the best deal, the best color.
I've also turned my attention on potential orphanage/official's gifts as well. Our agency has a recommended list depending on province. The number of gifts can range from 5 to over 10, and a gift for the foster parents as well. I'll give money when appropriate. I have to wait on most gifts until we have our referral. I may buy some nice cosmetic sets now, and razors. I will probably stock up on Jelly Bellies though. Our local Smart & Final store has a 2 lb. bag for $9.99!
I've tried getting a feel for scheduling airline travel, but it seriously boggles my mind. I don't have a lot of experience flying so I may leave this to the DH. There's too many classes to figure out! Economy (only on the way over, baby!), premium economy, business, first class...and heaven knows what else! I want to have a seat for Kristen on the way home, especially if we get stuck in economy (egads, NOOOOO!), but the airlines I've checked with all say you have to have an approved seat for the child. Since we won't be buying a car seat for our daughter in China, I'm not sure how we'd acquire the seat, but maybe they'll just let us buy the extra seat, I don't know. I did find a flight harness that looks better than the Baby B'air product. It's called CARES. I haven't bought one yet because I don't know if Kristen fall within the weight category yet (22 -4o lbs). It's lightweight, portable, FAA approved, and looks like it'd work well.
On the home-selling front, we are still getting a fairly steady stream of people looking at the house. No offers yet, no real complaints about the house. Still, I don't expect an offer any time soon. Maybe by May?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are sooo fun! Sounds like a great store..I cant wait to start shopping!
Post a Comment