Still freaking out here in not-so-sunny So. Cal. Love the cold weather!
House still isn't finished, but we've set a rough deadline for market in about a week. Spouse and I finally came to a truce about fixing our flooring and a few other issues. I'm not happy about it, but we're running out of time and money.
I've been on some wild shopping sprees for new towels, home accessories, drapes and plants for the backyard. Now normally all this shopping for new things would make me happy, but right now I just feel under the gun and tired. Hey, I'm happy I can sleep lately.
DS and I had only 2 fights in IKEA ("Icky" as we call it), last weekend, but at least we ended up with 2 nice leather chairs that fit in our tiny house.
We did get a termite inspection, and we have no termites, but do have some rot in a small spot on the eaves of the house. I think that's easy enough to have fixed.
The baseboards are scheduled - finally! Our guy can fit us in next Tuesday since we're an easy, 1-day job.
I got our appointment letter from USCIS to get re-fingerprinted. Fortunately we can use our free-once renewal of INS docs. for this. If, God forbid, we have to re-do our I-171H again, we'll have to pay for fingerprinting. Our I-171H expires in November '08, so I pray we'll be finished traveling at that time. Our local orphan-adoption officer, Daisy, is really great. She's patient and understanding.
My Mom called me yesterday. They bought another Shih Tzu puppy. It's multi-colored - tan, white and black. Very cute. They bought her as a companion to their new, slightly older Shih Tzu Abbey. Both dogs are very cute, and very tame for puppies. The best part? THEY DON'T SHED!! Huh? I'm so used to the ever-shedding pugs that I can't even conceive of sitting on the floor and not getting up completing "pugged" as we say, or, er, in english, "covered in dog hair".
On the current family/personal crisis, I'm also a bit freaked out.
The person I mentioned a few posts ago (w/the guns), has emailed me and asked what's going on, and why we haven't seen them, and they have Christmas presents for us....etc, etc. The-people-I don't-want-to-see have also contacted another family member asking about me, what's going on with me, and told the other person to have me call them. I guess they didn't dare try and call me first. Not like I would've answered their call anyway, but I supposed this means I need to suck it up and say something. Maybe not the 20 page letter I was planning on, but something. Like, go away...I never want contact with you again...you don't get that you can't treat a child like last weeks dog poop and still expect them to come see you every weekend-and-or-on-demand...something like that.
Current rumors say that CCAA has matched through December 27th. That would be great! I never thought I'd say that about 8 days - I've been mentally prepping myself for 5 days. If this date is correct, then we'll have 29 days left until it's our turn!
I truly hope that CCAA is able to start matching more days once it's through with 2005.
OOOOOOOHH! LOST is almost on! Gotta go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are so excited too. One more month of LID days! This is exciting news!
Alyson
LID 01/27/06
Post a Comment