
It's official! CCAA was able to refer 8 days, up through December 27th, 2005.
29 days of LID's left until ours! I'm starting to get that "this is unreal" daze going, so I know it's relatively close to happening.
Starting to focus baby shopping now on stuff we'll need for traveling in China. I hesitate to buy too much stuff for a smaller baby, 12 months and under because we could possibly get an older child/toddler. So I'll save the baby bottles, binky (pacifier) for when we get our referral. I've done my research and I know what I want to buy.
As the months have gone by, I've been writing down packing list suggestions from others who've already traveled. This makes remembering what brands/types of items people have found helpful and what wasn't needed. Of course my list is 6 pages long!
I hope we can adhere to weight limits and everything fits!
On the homefront, our RE agent & I toured a house yesterday that's the same floorplan as ours and has been for sale for a few months. I was really worried it might have a more upgraded kitchen than ours, but it turns out the house is a mostly a wreck. It looked like they haven't cleaned in a few weeks. Stuff was laying everywhere, lots of dishes in the sink, cluttered countertops. The only difference I saw was they had installed a wall of kitchen cabinets along the far wall of the dining area. This was actually a good idea since we have the world's smallest kitchen. But otherwise, we have the same tile countertops, similiar appliances, although I think ours are newer. The backyard was paved over with uneven, moss-covered brick. There were car parts scattered around and weeds. Plus it was half again as small as our yard. Ours is newly and nicely landscaped. I felt so much better now I know what our competition is. Here's to one more week until market!
And for this month's gratuitous puppy shot: My Mom's newest addition to the family.
3 comments:
We can relate to shifting into a whole new mindset. It's a great feeling...
peace
fm
I cant wait to continue to read your journey..Come on CCAA!
Will you share your packing list? We have saved so many over the gadzillion months of waiting and now are beginning to panic. You sound very organized! Can't wait to follow you on your journey!!
Alyson
LID 01/27/06 (DH is fm)
Post a Comment