This week has been very tiring. I've been mostly cleaning, as we've had only 2 days this week when the house hasn't been previewed or shown. Today was our first showing! I don't have any feedback yet, but I hope to get a fresh, outsiders view on the property. Hopefully mostly positive.
My goodness, it's hard to keep the house clean when you have 2 small dogs and it's been raining. I've resigned myself to mopping and vacuuming everyday. And I HATE doing both. I'd rather clean toilets! And I've been doing that, too. Oh well, if it helps sell the house, then so be it.
Another property like ours just went on the market, and it's listed almost $20K lower than ours. I freaked out, and then went and toured it. It says it's been "totally upgraded", but it hasn't. The laminate floors look relatively new, and the carpet looks good, but ours looks better. The kitchen is the same, but all the original appliances are still in the house (they are 11 years old!). We have replaced all of ours. Plus, we have a third bedroom, not a loft, and a bigger, landscaped yard that's more private. I don't know how much higher this translates into as far as asking price, but I would pick ours over the lower priced, for sure.
The boy and I have been spending a lot of time at the mall, or driving around in the car while the house is being shown. This is going to get expensive! I was at the outlet mall today, at Baby Gap, and they had such a great sale on everything! I was sooo proud of myself - eventhough girl's jammies were only $6.99, I held off on buying. What really stopped me was picturing myself trying to wedge a new stack of clothes into the Space Bags that are already jammed under the bed! Pretty much ruined it for me.
The Gap jammies are good quality though. I just gave a pair of the boy's old jammies he's had for 2 years now to Amvets. They were red with little crabs on them, and they still looked good after all these years - red color, and all the stitching on it held up. He finally just outgrew them this winter.
So tired, and where is my brain??? I came upstairs, quite intent on doing...something? on the computer, and proceeded to start reading my favorite adoption blogs. 20 minutes goes by and I realize I was supposed to order a pizza for dinner! Crap! Um, so honey, if you're wondering what's taking the pizza delivery guy so long, it's because it's, um, raining!?
DS has his first play date coming up sometime next week. Up until this time, he's always played with my friend's kids, or at school. Now one of his school buddies invited him over and he's so excited!
DS has started his youth baseball/T-ball. He's having a blast. Parents are freezing during practices, but everyone is friendly and chatty.
How great have the last 2 episodes of LOST been, huh!? Huh!?? OMG!!
Oh, dogs barking, pizza must be here. Have a great weekend everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment