OK, I promised myself I wouldn't pay attention to any rumors going around, but hey, I'm entitled to be a flake every now & then.
Rumor has it that China potentially/maybe/could be/might be referring up to 2 weeks of LID's this next time around. TWO! That would be crazy/insane. I don't really want to believe this, but maybe, just maybe they'll get more than 4 or 5 days this time? It just feels like we're close enough to see the home stretch in this great countdown.
Our home study is finished, (finally got all the doctors to send & resend our physicals), and we did apply for our new I-600A AGAIN. Paid the fees AGAIN. Bad news is that our fingerprints expire FOR THE 2nd TIME, in Feb. '08, so if we don't travel before the beginning of Feb., we will have to get re-fingerprinted a 3rd time. YIKES! An expensive mistake on my part.
Of course, looks like hubby's company is getting sold soon, so this could mean another $300 for a home study update. Geesh, I like my agency, but please! And there's a possibility the new company will want us to move to Colorado, then we might need another update anyway, so I'll wait to see where they want us to move. Of course, with new home study agency, new rules, etc. This is getting expensive!
Other good news, my DS got into morning Kindergarten for next year!!! WOOHOO!
The school uses a lottery system to get kids into either AM or PM classes. I was really stressing over this since I really really really hate the PM schedule. DS seems to be more chipper in the morning, too, so I think it'd be better for him as well.
Everything else is fairly boring. DH is very very busy with Kiwanis stuff - much to my dismay. I know I sound like the bad guy here, how can I frown on community involvement that helps children? Well I do when it cuts too heavily into our family life on weekends and into our already screamin' tight budget! Plus, when there's Kiwanis stuff to be done, any plans I have are usually scrapped or made to work around Kiwanis' schedule. Which is crappy, BTW. I guess not having a job outside the home makes (me & things I want to do) a low priority. It doesn't help when these events come up at the last minute, which is often the case.
Don't get me wrong, I do think it's important to be involved & help others, and I AM proud of how DH always steps up to the plate to volunteer. I love that he's modeling great behaviour to our son and future daughter, but still.
Yup, I'm bitter.
Since my DH is the only person who reads this blog, I'm sure he'll have a comment for me about this -
Insert comment here honey! : ____.
Still can't decide on paint colors for the upstairs, but I think I've narrowed it down to 3 for the master bedroom.
Now I'm thinking we need to paint downstairs again. DH is gonna freak when he reads this... yes, I'll do it myself. You'd never guess that both DH and I were art majors in college... to be fair, our emphasis was graphic design, not painting. I do better under pressure, so I need to set a deadline. OK, by this weekend I need to have the paint colors chosen!
There, done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment