So I've been blathering on & on about paint colors, and wanting to move out of So. Cal sooooo badly. Do we move now or after the baby? Yeah, right! Like we can make that choice at our leisure.
Hubby called me on Wednesday & said, "work wants me to relocate to Colorado asap". WHAT?? ARE YOU KIDDING? YEAH!!!!
OH CRAP. The crap part is just my reaction to how horrible the housing market is right now, and how fast we can sell this place. Average # of days on the market in our area is 190. Yikes.
So, at this point, I'll be happy enough to get the interior painted with any color, much less something that's going to match the carpet or our bedspread. LONG LIVE BEIGE I say! Pick 2 of the most beig-iest beiges & be done with it.
Which brings us back to the issue of getting a referral... If our house is going to take, say, 6 months to sell, and we have approx 6-8 months until referrals, timing our move could be hairy. Hubby's job does know we're in the process of adopting. He was very upfront about where we are in the process & what's coming, so this won't be a surprise for them. Not sure how our agency is going to take this. I left a voice mail today with them so we can discuss our best course of panic, er action. Since we'd be moving states, I assume we'll have to fulfill additional requirements. I can't quite bring myself to say that I'd be happy with a further slow down of referrals, but maybe we can get lucky with selling at some point this summer.
I just wish I hadn't scheduled every day of summer for my son to take swimming lessons. I was feeling very motivated (read: caffeinated) on Saturday and signed him up for 3 courses lasting from mid-June through to mid-August. He does love to swim, but what was I thinking? The one week he doesn't have lessons, I signed him up to swim with dolphins. I guess I can paint, stage & organize around swim lessons.
This is the story of my life. Too much going on or nothing. An ex-boss of mine once told me that I "thrive on chaos". Apparently this means I like to be busy or something. I can't really argue with that statement. I'm sure my old work buddies would agree with that.
Well, I'd love to be multi-tasking right now, but I should try & sleep at some point this morning/evening....whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment