WooHoo! The DS and I are flying to Seattle the 12th - 18th. We're going to visit my Mom and Step-Dad. They're on a long, meandering trek from CA up to the Canadian border, scouting-out places to retire, possibly. They like a few spots on the Oregon coast, but they like parts of Washington better. My Mom needs to be near the ocean. It helps her breathe better. Anything that will get her oxygen levels up is good. So far she seems to be doing well with all the rain. Parts near Seattle are getting pummeled! Lots of flooding. She says the people they've meant where they've been staying have been nice and friendly, too. Of course, all the wildlife and natural areas will appeal to my Step-Dad, too, since he's a nature photographer.
I can't wait to see Ballard Locks again. I really really felt a huge pull to that spot the last time we were in Seattle. I can't explain it. I don't have any great love of boats or maritime operations, but something about that place just drew me in. I could sit and watch boats come and go all day! I couldn't stay away. Perhaps I was channeling my Grandfather! He was a yacht and ship broker for many years, and loved the ocean and boats.
Anyway, I should go downstairs now and see what DH & DS are getting into.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's a page that describes the locks:
http://www.seattle.gov/tour/locks.htm
:)
Post a Comment