LEFT: DS at the fountain by the Space Needle. BELOW: Microsoft! BOTTOM: Mom braves the cold at the Space Needle with grandson. Look how clear it is! 

Well we're back from Seattle AND Las Vegas. (the Vegas trip was to spend time with family for Thanksgiving).
Seattle was very nice, and COOL! It felt sooo good after the 90+ degree heat here. We went to Ballard locks & the Space Needle. We took the ferry to visit Gig Harbor. Really fun! It rained some during the trip, but was mostly clear and sunny. Of course, for my geeky DH, we had to visit Redmond and take a picture of Microsoft. It's actually a bunch of buildings, nothing fancy. I told my DH when I returned that it was a nice place, but I didn't think I wanted to move there. Traffic is worse than here, and the housing prices weren't much lower than here. All the water and lush scenery is great, but not enough of a draw for us. I told DH we should look at Colorado next.
Flying with my DS alone, was at first a bit scary, but went well. He behaved very well, and didn't go running amok. For some reason, any flight home seems to have some snags. Seattle was no exception. Our plane from Seattle to our stop-over was late, so they had to hold the plane in order to connect to our plane home. I was stressed about missing it, but it turned out well. The airlines managed to loose our car seat, but let us have a loaner seat. I haven't replaced the original seat yet. I'm waiting to see what they do with our claim status.
It was nice to be home, but it was still in the 90's - ugh!
Thanksgiving in Las Vegas was nice. We got to see family that we don't get to see often. Funny thing happened. My SIL and I went walking one day, and she said that she was going to tell the rest of the family at dinner that they were seriously considering moving to Colorado! ACK! I totally got the chills! I told her that was the place we were going to look at next! SIL & BIL decided that Vegas isn't really a great place to raise children, and I have to agree. Even though they don't live anywhere near the Strip, there's still that temptation as the kids get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment