Well, instead of bitching and stressing so much, I've decided to move along with other goals related to this adoption. One thing I feel strongly about is learning about China. It's people, culture, and language. I went and bought a few books about China's history, plus a few picture books that'll start us with an overview of the country. The book DH picked is more political history, while I picked one that deals more with culture. In college I learned a lot about native American culture, sub-saharan African & most European cultures, I never really had the opportunity to learn much about Eastern culture. So this is a perfect time.
We also bought a few language CD's. While I don't expect to be fluent in Chinese anytime soon, I would like to learn some basic words and phrases. Getting the sounds right is the hardest challenge for me. I think it'll just take practice, repetition and a good ear. Generally I have a good ear for languages, so hopefully this won't be too hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment