
Things have been going well for us here in Colorado. It's been very very hot, but I think just about anywhere in July is hot. We've had a few thunderstorms in late afternoon/evening, and they are wonderful, except when you've just washed your car. Honestly, I don't know how anyone keeps their car clean here between spotty summer rain & the snow.
Last weekend we went to a campfire/lecture geared towards kids at a local nature center. A lady talked about bees and beekeeping, and then the kids got to roast marshmallows. Very nice, everyone was relaxed and friendly. There was a little Chinese girl there, (adopted), and she dressed in her Cheetah costume. Very cute!
Freaking out over our impending referral! I'm so very anxious. The last two days, I've eaten every bad thing I can get my hands on. Must take up jogging or something a bit more productive. I just want to see my little girls face. Now. Please? Really need something else to focus on besides her clothes stash. I have these flashes of obsession over different items. Right now I'm obsessed with finding a few bathing suits for her before the season fades. I have two suits for 18-22 lbs, and one 2T suit. All are very cute, but I was trying to hold out for around a 9 month size. I'm sure I can probably find something on-line, but I like to see something in person before buying, unless I know the brand well. Plus, I don't like to pay for shipping.
I have been busy setting up Kristen's room as well. DH kindly put the crib up for me. It brings back so many memories of my son. Kristen's room is so light and peaceful. I love to go in there, sit in the glider, and just stare out the window at the trees and watch the squirrel family that lives on the hill next to us. (Yes, honey, the windows are shut...and locked...no, I don't think the squirrels are plotting how to get in).
I have decided on which two Britax seats I want. I have a couple of coupons for Babies R Us, and I'm going to go in tomorrow morning to buy one. I'll use the other coupon in a few weeks for the other seat. The coupons will save me over $50, so it's worth the extra trip. I hope the seats are in stock. Babies R Us has a knack for being out of stock on so much stuff. Pretty much guaranteed they'll be out of 1 of the 2 things I need. I registered there, but mostly so I didn't forget what brands I chose. Pretty sad when you get old enough to have to write down stuff or forget it. When I was pregnant with my son, my friends and co-workers were so incredibly generous with their gifts and good wishes. I had 2 baby showers (the work one was a company-wide one and a surprise), so I think I've had my share of gifts. I'll miss having my friends and family around me when I get our referral. I don't care about getting shower gifts, but I miss my friends. They've all been through a lot with me over the last 10 + years. Multiple losses, fertility issues, my son and our torturous first year of not knowing whether he was going to develop normally, and then finally the hope of adoption and the letdown of waiting. Can this be over, please? Do I dare to be excited - just excited and not Cautiously Excited?
Can I have the happy ending?
1 comment:
YES!! You can count on a happy ending!! We've paid our dues :) Life is good and it's about to get better!
peace
fm
Post a Comment