My agency has posted an update to their site that they believe CCA* is MATCHING!??!?!?!?! Oh my God, this could be it! Maybe we're in? I dare not hold my breath, and I don't dare call them, BUT I hope I hope I hope it's end of June :), with travel in July/beginning August - in & out before the Olympics! VERY wishful thinking on my part, but, hey, I can dream, right?
Oh crap! We haven't completed (OK, haven't quite started) , our Colorado-mandatory parenting classes!, our home-study update from moving hasn't been done, I don't know where the hardware for our crib is!, I haven't picked out car-seats yet - will it be hot in China in September?, I haven't started 'Toddler Adoption' yet!, what about house-hunting?!...
ACK! SO MUCH TO DO!
breathe...breathe... OK. So, we have our social worker lined up, she is supposed to call us to set a date to come over, I have signed up for the parenting classes that should take up most of our weekends for the next 3 months...so, I am getting it all done, but it feels like I'm not. I am a very fast reader, so I can read and comprehend 'Toddler Adoption' within a few days - tops. Seems as though there's 2 speeds for my life, boringly slow, and chaos.
Well, thank God I have most of that pesky clothes shopping out of the way! Still haven't bought baby shoes yet. I have been eying some nice baby boots, though. Fur lined. Pink. Cute as hell. So glad it snows here.
Still need to get some of the travel gear together. I've been saving the meds for last since they have an expiration date. That stuff should be relatively easy.
I wonder if my agency will call with a head's up if they suspect we'll be getting our referral? OR, just surprise us completely will The Call? We did just pay our post-placement fees which were due 1-2 months before expected referral, so I know we're at least that close. Well, at this point, even if it ends up being August that we're referred, then I'll be OK with that as well. C'mon Matching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, piece of cake :) We'll get done what we must... We were just asked to redo our fingerprints just to be on the safe side. Waiting for our appointment date. And it now seems that we need to update our home study per a Florida requirement...
You have to laugh. Here we finally are, seeing an end to all of this and nope. Go fill out some more paperwork. What are you to do but smile and say: No problem. Where do I sign. How much do I make the check out for? :) Whatever...
peace
fm
Post a Comment