We're finally settling into a daily routine with DS's school. Wednesday's are weird because it's early dismissal day. He gets out at 11:00am instead of 12:00pm.
On the blog front, I changed the name of this blog to better reflect our growing family. Caesar & Louie are our first Chinese Pugs, er kids, so I added the "+2" to reflect DS and DD.
Our adoption agency mentor called me today to see how we were doing with the wait. It's nice to know that I can always call someone there if I need to. I read so many horror stories of AP's who can't call their agency, or are frustrated by the lack of information. I love my agency!
I also got an email saying that since the White Swan is closing in December for renovations, we'll be staying at the Victory Hotel. They're re-tooling the hotel more for business travelers, so I don't think adoptive parents are going to be staying there anymore. I checked out their website, and it looks nice. It's also on Shamian Island, so it's very picturesque and the streets look very walkable.
Our latest "wait" stats are still showing at 20-21 months, but I think it'll continue to rise at least 1/2 month for every month that passes without referring at least 1/2 month. I can't remember off hand when it was the last time they referred more than 10 days. We'll see. Right now I have more than enough stuff to keep my mind occupied for a few months.
My SIL and kids will be in town next week, so we're looking forward to seeing them and going to the beach. Hopefully it'll cool down before then. It hit 100 degrees today. It's also been more humid, so that isn't helping. I have the AC on full-blast.
A friend just had a baby boy on Monday. At last word, they didn't have a name for him yet. She had a name in mind, but her DH didn't like it too well.
Holy Moly!
We had a quote yesterday from a kitchen cabinet specialist to re-face our cabinets, and add quartz countertops. $10,200.00. YIKES! This did include re-hooking up the faucets & dishwasher.
I realize that this isn't a lot of money to spruce up a kitchen, but ours is only 9' x 10' and has almost no cabinet space. Since we're moving, we need to keep expenses down, and with the current market continuing to dive, we'll not get that back at closing. The cabinet face I liked was Alder with a medium stain. Really beautiful.
The other drag was that the salesman wouldn't give me a written estimate, and didn't go over the itemization with me. I asked for a copy and he said to..."have your husband call me if he wants to do the plumbing himself..." What? Is this how these companies do business?
All in all, I think that company will not get our business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We heard about the White Swan as well and even after its done, it may not be suitable for adopting families. That came from my agency too!
Post a Comment