This is the time of the month that I start getting antsy for referrals. I know they don't usually arrive until the first week of the new month, but still, I love the anticipation!
Seeing people's blogs with their referral pictures, is so uplifting for my spirit. I'm so happy for the excited parents, and I know I'll be nervous as heck when it's our turn. It was like that when I was pregnant with DS. I was so so nervous that I couldn't enjoy the pregnancy and relax. Too much at stake, too much risk that things would not be OK with him or with me.
I still tend to look at pregnant women sadly and with some jealousy for what I'm missing. Then I remind myself I'm waiting for my child, too, just via a slightly different route ...with the gestation of perhaps an elephant....(I just Googled it, and the gestation is 22 months, it's close to what we'll end up waiting).
This summer is going by fast! The boy and I have survived Sea World Adventure camp ("Dolphin Detectives"), a nasty spill at camp (DS, not me), that necessitated an urgent dentist visit. Loose tooth , soft foods for 2 weeks, no gymnastics, rough play or "Pump It Up".
Where was Pump It Up when I was little? I would've loved it!
Coming up DS has 2 weeks of swimming, then school starts August 13th. Kindergarten, finally!
When September comes, we'll go back to Sequim to visit my Mom and Step-Dad. I can't wait to see them. The chickens are getting big, and one of them turned out to be a rooster. I was on the phone with my Mom when I heard him trying to crow. It's the funniest thing- lots of warbling! It took some practice, but he finally sounds like a real rooster. My Step-Dad built them a nice coop and fenced yard to roam in. Mom is threatening to get a pygmy goat, or maybe a Llama. I don't think she could handle a Llama, but she could try. She does love animals.
Mom has discovered that her veggie garden has a ton of yummy stuff growing in it. Asparagus, leeks, shallots, blackberries, strawberries, and potatoes. Each season she discovers something new. It's nice to see the family returning to our rancher roots, even on a small scale. My Great-Grandparents owned a farm in Ojai, CA for many years - Dennison Ranch. My Grandmother grew up there, but by the time she married, the farm was sold. It's now a local park overlooking Ojai Valley. I've been there once after my Grandmother passed away, and it's very nice.
Pictures of some of our family at Dennison Park, and the house that my Mom lived in when she was little.
1 comment:
I love Sea World and although our wait just started, I love referral time!!!
Post a Comment