Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Procrastination

OK, I'll admit it. I procrastinate - a lot. I have things on my 'to do' list that have been there for months. MONTHS. Like get Caesar's dog stroller a new wheel. I tend to run over stroller wheels when I pull into the garage. I've run over 2 of DS's strollers, and now Caesar's stroller. DS's survived without too much damage, but Caesar's wheel is so warped that it's hard to push the stroller. I emailed the manufacturer about the availability of a new wheel and/or real axle assembly - in December of '06. I still have not followed up on it.

Other things I'm putting off: getting my chipped car window fixed, washing my car (because of the window), fixing the fireplace, cleaning out the garage (huge huge mess!), donating blood, and finally, the thing I tried to do last night: put away the baby stuff we've already bought for our daughter. We have most everything in our office. The one we finally painted last week. We still need to declutter to sell the house, and the baby stuff is in the way. One way I cheer myself up is to look through all the baby clothes and toys to remind me that she really is coming, so to have to pack everything away where I can't see it is really hard. It feels like the dream is going away.
I took inventory of all the clothes and accessories. The sizes (listed by pounds), types of clothes, quantity. I even put everything into a spread sheet so that I'll know what I already have. Right now everything is piled neatly on a chair, waiting to be placed into pink plastic totes bound for the garage. I have to finish this up within a day or two, but it still feels sad. I'm keeping all the books I have (adoption and China-related) out, so I can read and re-read those. I don't have too many toys, but I think those will need to be packed up as well.
Well, I guess it's off to buy more pink plastic totes.

No comments: