
OK, things have been CRAZY around here the last month. We managed to pack up and move to our new house in time for Christmas, but it's something I don't want to repeat. I have never been so tired or stressed as I was right before the move. Just too much to do to get ready. It's very hard watching 2 kids and trying to pack the whole place. As it was, we needed to go back to the apartment a few times to get laundry out of the dryer and dishes out of the washer. Having foreseen a time crunch, I managed to shop for most Christmas presents early on, and had some interesting times trying to hide everything in the relatively small apartment. Turns out our suitcases that we never put away from our China trip worked perfectly to foil small hands and roving eyes. But, the downside to moving stuff around many times is that I lost a few presents somewhere and still haven't found them! I owe DS a few Build-A-Bear items and DD a bead rollercoaster. Not sure where those would have gone to, especially the bead rollercoaster as it was fairly bulky.
Adding to the stress was our social worker who called to schedule a 6 month post-placement visit. I told her about our impending move so we agreed to postpone the appointment until after moving.
I really missed having the family around this year. The in-laws refuse to come out during the snow season, and my Mom can't handle the altitude with her illnesses. We did have some family out, however. My cousin and family came out to visit their in-laws (and us). We got to see them a few times and it was really nice. Their in-laws are great and fun to be around.
DD has been a trooper through everything. She's doing really well most of the time. Her bad times seem to be at night. She will sometimes thrash around and cry. Not night terrors, not that bad - but enough that none of us get much sleep. She moves around so much Were trying to figure out a way to get her permanently into her crib without terrorizing her. She doesn't like to wake-up alone, in the dark. I think that's mostly what scares her. I know she didn't sleep alone with her foster family and I doubt she slept alone at the orphanage. Sometimes we can get her to sleep all night in the crib, but usually she wakes up crying in the middle of the night and I have to go get her & put her into our bed. I have noticed that it is easier to calm her down when she cries, and the crying isn't as intense as it once was. Hopefully she's learning to count on us as permanent parents.
It took me awhile to add Christmas pictures as we've switched all our photos and videos to an external hard drive and I was having trouble accessing them.
Happy new year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment