Pix: LEFT : Louie and Caesar under the tree. Me screaming at them: "Don't pee on the tree skirt!!!", RIGHT: Caesar playing Christmas tunes on DS's toy keyboard.
Every year I promise myself to finish shopping and getting ready early in December so I can stop and enjoy the season.
Do I do this? NO no no no no no.
Generally, a 'good year' is one in which I finish up by December 15th. As of today, I'm almost done. I've got 2 more presents to find/buy, and 3 to make (fudge, the only candy I can make!). And, I've got some food still to buy.
Most everything still needs wrapping. I LOVE wrapping gifts, so that's my fun time. I hole up in the office with music blaring, wrapping everywhere. I confess, I have way too much wrapping stuff. I've had to devote an entire tall dresser to just wrapping materials. Top drawer has scissors, tape, pens, fancy cutting instruments, middle drawer has all kinds of ribbons. I keep them sorted by theme - Christmas vs. birthday. Next drawer has boxes and assorted tissue paper, and finally the bottom drawer has a small stash of emergency gifts or gifts I've actually bought ahead of the occasion. (This is rare, but has happened).
And, I just finished my Christmas cards last night, so off to the post office I go.
In adoption news: our agency has officially put the wait between 15 - 17 months. New rules are mostly a go now, but we still qualify, even if China decides to make the new restrictions retroactive.
I had my second baby girl Chinese adoption dream a few nights ago. Nothing really concrete I can remember, except I had the child, but we kept having to go different places with her, and there was some stress over whether or not we could keep her. I was probably stressed about the new regs.
In family news: a cousin of mine is pregnant! YEAH!! I'm so excited. You know what this means - a new round of baby stuff to buy/make, etc. Thank God, too, 'cos I have so much baby wrapping paper!
Happy Holidays to everyone! Have a peaceful, safe, restful holiday season. (In spite of your relatives! Or your job. Or your dog).
No comments:
Post a Comment