We just got back from seeing one of my all-time favorite 80's groups, the English Beat. One of the communities here in town put on a free music festival of sorts, & lots of people came! It was hysterical to see a ton of middle-aged people dancing to ska music, but that's not really the scary part. The scary part was that I felt totally comfortable, me, apparently being middle-aged as well - I felt quite at home. A lot of people had their small children with them. It was a family festival. When we got there, we passed Dave Wakeling in the street. He is shorter than I thought he would be.
Anyway, the Beat was good. Not the same line up at all. It was Dave Wakeling & a bunch of other dudes. They were missing some brass, but it still sounded pretty good. One of the Specials' guys, Linville? filled in for somebody, so we got an extra treat with some Specials' songs. DS was at his friends birthday party & didn't want to leave, so DH & I went by ourselves. Damm! I missed the boy the entire time! DH took a few pictures with the cel phone, so I'll try & upload those at some point.
Ah, where DID my 20's go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment