Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rollercoaster....OF LOVE, Say WhatDOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

Oh crap! Now I can't get that damn song out of my head *(#@&^@*&^%#$#(*@()!

Just when things looked like they were speeding up:
The CCAA has finished the review of the adoption application documents registered with our office before October 31, 2005.
The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before June 28, 2005.

Then we get rumors on a chat board that China might stop it's international adoption program, or "drastically change" it in some way. The rumors are always from someone "well connected" with the adoption community, so who knows whether or not they're going to come true. In this instance, similar rumors where affirmed by a few people. One of the people said their adoption agency (!!!!) told them this rumor, but that it was just a rumor! Why would a questionably "reputable" agency put out a rumor to a potential client?
Of course, China is not the U.S., and can do whatever it wants with it's people, but I hope hope hope that they don't discontinue it's program without warning. They still have 7 months worth of referrals before they get to us! Of course, going into this adoption thing, we felt that China was a pretty good risk as opposed to domestic adoption, or adopting from another country. When you see the kids needing homes, they really touch your heart, and you want to adopt all of them).
I felt that I (can't speak for DH) couldn't handle another tragedy or loss, so this option had given us a lot of hope. Not seeing anything else hopeful on the boards today, so I'm pretty well down in the dumps right now, house is a mess, and I think one of the dogs just peed on something downstairs.
Sigh...

No comments: