Thursday, December 22, 2005

DOH! December 22nd, 2005

It’s ok Kim, breathe deeply… We’ve received all paperwork back from the Chinese consulate, and I move onto getting everything photocopied, etc, when I realize we don’t really have the “right” photos. The updates on the ageny website suggest that our “Couple Photos” need to be clear with no one wearing sunglasses, parents clearly identifiable, etc. Yikes! 3/4’s of our pix show either one or both of us wearing sunglasses! Man! I’ve spent the last 4 days or so trying to get better pictures of us. Either the pix we have aren’t right, or I’ve uploaded them, sent them to a 1-hour print place, only to find out the picture is blurry! Arrgh! I’ve also noticed that we have almost no pictures of just DH & I. I have 1 professional photo from a few years ago that was taken at a work party. To make matters more frustrating, DH is stuck on a business trip this week, and I realized Sunday NIGHT that we need more passport photos before we can send anything in, anyway! If I’d have realized that on, say, SATURDAY, we could’ve taken the passport pix then before he left. To compound everything, our agency is closed on the 24th and 26th. Sigh… In the grand scheme of things, a week is not a big deal, but to me, as anal as I am, it’s a big stressor. Add on top of that, Christmas, and I’m one ball of nerves. The dogs are very stinky, so I’m spending money that we don’t really have to have them groomed. With my stress levels, it’s money well spent. I don’t care if I have to eat peanut butter sandwiches for a week. In fact, who really needs food anyway? I hope to have everything to China by the end of January. We also got an update on the time frame for going to China. The wait time has gone up slightly from 6-8 to 7-9 months. The agency thinks that it’s because there aren’t currently enough “paper ready” kids to be adopted out yet. There’s not a shortage of children, it’s just they aren’t processed through the Chinese system yet. I do appreciate the Chinese govt’s diligence in getting this done in a timely manner. Anyway, I’m off to get the stinky dogs groomed…

No comments: