I’m a bit freaked out this week due to the misspelling of my name on my birth certificate. Hopefully it won’t matter to the Chinese government. Our adoption agency and our Home Study Agency don’t think it’s a big deal, but say it should be explained in the Home Study. When I called to get an appointment for a passport, I was told it probably wouldn’t matter but “… bring 4 or 5 documents with the proper spelling of my name that are older than 5 years”. So, more rooting around in old documents. Unfortunately, I have gone through and shredded a TON of old documents we no longer need - “why are we keeping these anyway?”. The good part is that I know where most of the stuff I’m keeping is stored.
Trying to coordinate the paper chase is a part-time job. I estimate I spend about 5 hours each week reviewing requirements, and another 5 preparing and organizing, notarizing, copying and FedEx’ing. As I told Beth, our home study social worker - compared to the money, time, heartbreak of fertility treatments - this paperwork is nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment